Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cleaner and Snow....Wind........Cold

GREETINGS!

A couple of weeks ago I was reading one of the blogs I follow and copied down this recipe for a cleaner to use on laminate flooring. For the life of me, I can't remember which blog it was, but I want to say thank you for the recipe to whom ever! I made it up and decided to try it out on my dirty, dusty silk plant before doing the kitchen floor. I'm telling you, that plant is so clean now it looks real!! :) I sprayed it with the solution, then rinsed it off with warm water and shook off the excess and laid the stems on a piece of paper towel to dry. Looks better than new. See below.



I was so impressed I couldn't wait to tackle the floor. And it did a wonderful job. If anyone wants to try it mix up 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water and 1 tsp liquid dish soap. Put in spray bottle and spray on floor a small area at a time. Mop up with DRY mop or dry Swiffer pad. I'm sold.

Well, the big Blizzard of 2011 has come and gone. We were on the edge of it and only got 3 or 4 inches of snow. But it was very cold and windy, and that will continue for a few days. Tulsa got over a foot of snow and Oklahoma City was hit hard also. Airports and freeways were closed and lots of schools. The closures were listed by whole counties rather than individual schools! i.e. "all schools in Muskogee County are closed", etc. I'm sure we won't venture out any time soon. I hope the rest of you fair as well as we did. God was watching out for us!

That's all I know for today. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: