Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Ice

GREETINGS!

Hi! It seems like weeks rather than days since I've posted. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was very enjoyable. The day before Thanksgiving it was 80 degrees out. Thanksgiving morning there was an ice storm. As we drove to our friends house, which is about 20+ miles from us and in another county, it began raining and freezing. This was about 10:45 a.m. It truly turned in to a show only God could produce and invite you to! These pictures really don't do justice to the beauty, but maybe you'll get the idea.....

This one is my favorite; the weeds and ice on the barbed wire fence.



This one is a garden area in Kathy's front yard. The sun was hitting it in the afternoon and it truly looked like diamonds sparkling.



Same area as above, just a different angle.



A couple of pine boughs in the front yard.



And this I'm in love with; no ice on it yet, but it is covered in these brilliant red berries. I'd love to pick some branches, but I'm afraid the berries would fall off!
It speaks Christmas to me!!



Our dinner was superb: turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cooked carrots, cold slaw, deviled eggs, crescent rolls and homemade apple cranberry relish :) that was excellent. And for dessert, well there was mincemeat, pumpkin, and cherry pies and homemade apple strudel type thing. Divine. And the best part was Kathy sent leftovers home with us! It truly was the best meal I've had in a long time. Kathy is originally from Wisconsin so I think it was the Yankee touch that made it so good. Not that the Southern touch isn't good, just different than what I grew up with!

Most of all, I was so thankful for new friends to share the day with; friends whose children were away the same as ours and so we could share our stories and feelings about them and wish them all well.

Take care and God Bless.

No comments: